The Welsh Government has attributed every school in Wales with one of four colour coded groups as part of a ‘new categorisation system designed to drive up performance’.
Golftyn CP School is in the ‘Green School’ category, Standards group 1 – Improvement capacity A
The four groups are:
Green – Highly Effective School
Yellow – Effective School
Amber – Schools in need of Improvement
Red – Schools in need of Greatest Improvement.
Being a ‘green school’ means:
* Have a track record in sustaining a high level of learner outcomes
* Know themselves well and identify and implement their own priorities for improvements
* Demonstrate resilience at all levels
* Are awarded with greater autonomy
* Will be challenged to move forward or sustain excellence
* Have the capacity to lead others effectively and contribute to school-to-school support
For more information please click on this link