- Keeping you up to date with information
Speaking to Teachers
During the year, there are three scheduled occasions when parents and guardians are invited to school for a discussion with their child’s class teacher
- information evening at the beginning of the school year
- parents evening and progress report during the spring term
- and an informal drop in at the end of the year
Parents and guardians are welcome to make an appointment visit the school to discuss their children’s education and welfare, or any problems they may have.
- We now ask that parents report to the office to arrange an appointment with their child’s class teacher beforehand. Many teachers have been approached regarding issues as they are bringing in or handing out children at the end of the day. This can be distracting and takes their attention and time away from their class which is their main priority
- Please appreciate that class teachers are only available to discuss your child in the morning from 8.40am to 8.55am or after 3pm in foundation phase or 3.20pm in key stage 2
Each area of the school also publishes a termly communication outlining the work and events taking place in their area of the school.
Golftyn Primary School is proud to announce that it is one of the very first schools to adopt a new app for schools called Schoop.
Schoop will improve the way we communicate with you and our school community.
We send out all letters, newsletters and messages to you using Schoop.
We hope that this will further improve communication with you, no more lost letters of children forgetting to give you a message.
How to use Schoop
If you have an iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet
- Open the web browser (e.g. Safari or Google Chrome) and go to https://schoop.co.uk
- Click the button to download the FREE app, then install and open it
- Enter our Schoop ID 5611
- Add the years and groups relevant to you
- That’s it – you’re in the loop!
If you have a Windows Mobile, Blackberry, PC or Mac
- Go to schoop.co.uk
- Enter our Schoop ID: 5611
- Add your email address and choose relevant years and groups
- Select your preferred language, if applicable.
- Click CONFIRM, and you’re in the loop!
Need help? Please don’t contact the school. Schoop will answer any of your questions.
We’ve introduced a new online payment service – ‘School Gateway’.
School Gateway enables you to make payments for school meals, trips and clubs via Instant Bank Transfer, debit or credit card.
What you need to do now
Activate your School Gateway account. It’s quick and easy to do. All you need are your email address and mobile number that school holds on record for you.
Download the app: If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android and iPhone)
Visit the website: www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘New User’. You’ll receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to log into School Gateway.
If you’re having trouble logging in, it may be because school doesn’t have your current email and mobile phone number on record. Please email school email@example.com with your email address or pop into the school office to give your up to date mobile number and we’ll update the details on our system.
- Keeping us up to date with information
It is essential that we have up to date contact information for your child.
Please inform us immediately of any change of address,telephone number or contact details and any other relevant information which we need to be aware of relating to your child.
Once a year in the Autumn term we will ask you to check a Data Collection Sheet.
The sheet is a record of all of the information we hold on our database for your child.
Please inform us immediately if any of the information is incorrect so that we can update our records.