How to request a holiday
- Please fill in the Holiday Request Form (at least 2 weeks before the intended holiday)
we do NOT contact you except to inform you if the holidays are unauthorised
- the maximum amount of days you can request is 10 days during a school academic year (from September to July)
- holidays are considered at the head teacher’s discretion (see Information from the Welsh Government below)
Reasons for unauthorised holidays are:
- You have requested more than 10 days holiday during the academic year
- The pupil is in Year 2 to Year 6 – holidays are unauthorised during National test week which is usually in May
Information from The Welsh Government to parents and carers who are considering booking a holiday during term time
Does the school have the authority to allow term time absence for holidays?
Parents should not take their children out of school for a holiday without first obtaining the permission of the head teacher in advance. Under the 2010 Regulations, schools have a discretionary power to authorise up to 10 days’ absence during a school year for family holidays during term time if it is considered necessary.
Why is this decision made by the school?
Head teachers have access to all the necessary information to make an informed decision. A head teacher is able to consider individual circumstances on a case-by case basis. A number of things will be taken into account before reaching a decision, including the time of year, length of the holiday, the reason for the holiday, impact on learning, timing of exams or tests, family circumstances and the wishes of parents, as well as the overall attendance and attainment of the child.
click here Legislation.gov.uk for more information from the Welsh Government about holidays in term time
click here For more information from Flintshire County Council about School Holidays and Training days